Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Quinoa Salad with Black Beans & Mango

About 2 years ago I was allergic to 24 foods, including soy, eggs, dairy, wheat, broccoli, avocado, and so much more.  I'm not allergic to anything anymore, but when I was I had to be a vegan because of my allergies.  A few days ago I was looking through my cupboards and found my Veganomicon cookbook that I had gotten when I had my allergies.  Now although I'm not a vegan anymore, this book is still filled with wonderful salad and soup recipes, as well as many other recipes that can easily be un-veganized.  I was looking through some of these recipes and found one for Quinoa Salad with Black Beans & Mango.  This is a very delicious salad recipe that can easily be made in 30 minutes or less, and is super healthy and easy to make, especially if you prep your ingredients before hand!

1 mango, peeled and cut into small dice
1 red bell peppers, seeded and diced as small as you can get it
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
2 TBSP grape seed oil
¼ tsp salt
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
A few leaves of lettuce for garnish
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the vinegar, oil, and salt to create your dressing.

Put the mango, bell peppers, scallions, cilantro, quinoa, and black beans in a large bowl.

Add the dressing and thoroughly mix together all the ingredients.

Serve the delicious quinoa mixture over a bed of lettuce and top with tomatoes, avocado, and salsa for a perfect combination of Mexican flavors!




To see more of my pictures you can find me on Instagram at @audreygracephotography.

No comments:

Post a Comment