Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mini Mango Muffins

When I say 'Mango Bread' what image pops into your head?  I know, I know, I had the same reaction.  But I never reject an idea because of my initial thoughts, so when I saw a recipe for Mango Bread in my Vitamix cookbook, I was willing to give it a try.  While I was making the batter I thought, "Mango Bread is all fine and good, but how much cuter would Mini Mango Muffins be!"  So I decided to use the recipe to make 60 mini muffins instead of 1 loaf of bread.  If you don't have a Vitamix, don't worry.  You can easily make this recipe with a different blender or a food processor.

Although I found this recipe for Mango Bread in my Vitamix cookbook, I replaced the vegetable oil with coconut oil, added the flaked coconut, left out the salt, and made it in mini muffin pans instead of one large loaf pan.

2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 mango, pitted and peeled
1 tsp lemon juice
Unsweetened flaked coconut (you can try shredded, but it might burn)

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.

Put the sugar, eggs, coconut oil, mango, and lemon juice into a Vitamix, blender, or food processor and blend into a smooth, creamy mixture.

Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add the mango mixture.

Thoroughly mix together the wet and dry until you have a thick batter with no lumps.

Use coconut oil spray to lightly coat enough pans to make 60 mini muffins.  With a small ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the individual cups, then sprinkle the tops with flaked coconut.

Bake in a 350* oven for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool the muffins in their pans for 5 minutes, then use a small spatula to transfer them onto a cooling rack.

These delicious bite-sized muffins make a perfect on-the-go snack.  For a tropical dessert, try serving them alongside raspberries, passion fruit, and shredded coconut! 




To see more of my pictures you can find me on Instagram at @audreygracephotography.

No comments:

Post a Comment